Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Getting to know Symba....who? Symbaloo



As I was looking over a conference workshop list, I came across Symbaloo. I knew this website was used to  book mark websites and I just couldn't see how it could be used as anything more. I didn't attend the workshop and time went on. Recently, my team mate shared the lesson plan link and as I scrolled through the ideas I was amazed.

Symbaloo can be used to build resources for a lesson, to manage workflow, or as a way to keep students focused on one set of websites. The education account is free and webmixes (collections of sites or RSS feeds about a topic) can be shared among colleagues or students. Currently, I'm working through the Symbaloo educator training, even their web mix is in a sequential order. The lessons flow and all lead to a quiz. This would be awesome to provide support when teaching a unit, especially in the 1:1 environment where all students have devices. 

If you haven't tried Symbaloo, take a look...it's free.

Check out this link to view a webmix:http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/1stgrade11



No comments:

Post a Comment